Thursday, October 28, 2010

Family


"If you think you're enlightened go spend a week with your family."

Ram Dass


I recently spent 2 days with mine and had a fine time (minus a couple of awkward moments). No Stress, no muss or fuss. Just people hanging out. Everyone has their issues, of course.

But I could have done a week with no prob...not something that I've really been able to say for a long time, if ever. Stone cold sober, too.

Many paths were tried over the decades to avoid the reality of dealing with family and past. That seems to have faded.

As I said to one of my kin, who seeks a way out... There is no way out. There is simply no where to go.

And no, I don't take Ram Dass literally. Spending a week with them doesn't prove I'm enlightened (whatever that means) but being unable to do so sure could point in that direction...

No comments: