Wednesday, June 22, 2011

FEDYRHD



My car recently died. It was 21 years old and 8 of them with me. Pretty amazing actually.
Before I left it for the last time, i sat inside quietly and let in all the years and times we had together. Really said "goodbye' and "thank you." Such a great car. We'd been through alot together. Literally and figuratively.
I ended up replacing it with a VW Rabbit...White.

I've always loved the song White Rabbit (listen here) and always wanted a white rabbit car. I wanted a bumper sticker that said "who the hell is Grace Slick" or something of that sort. I thought it would be priceless.

So, when the opportunity came, I jumped and it looks like I made a good choice. The car itself is great and exactly what I wanted and needed. So, it all worked out well. Ironically, I would have never considered this model w/o the White Rabbit hook.

I am considering a custom license plate. The blog post title is what I would put on it. And no, no one will "get it."

Interestingly, getting the car now seems to mark a transition point in some way.

And, thank you Gracie, I wish you well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just experienced similar passing - death of a car i'd been with for many years - 14 years. so much life lived with that car speeding em along . . . like you, sitting in him, communing, thankful, aware of the gift of how he filled his purpose in life with such perfection. thanks for posting what you did . . . thanks for the sharing the communion we have with all the beings around us . . . ps - charlie was the 1994 saturn . . . javier is the kia spectra. ole! :)