Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Death in the family

My biological father passed away this morning.
I senses it was coming from talking to him the last few days.
I notice a shakiness and jitteriness arising. Not sadness per se.
So, there is just noticing what is arising and sitting with it.
Feeling a heaviness and somber-soberness.
Not trying to label or judge.
No preference. No needing it to be this way or that.
No need to put it into bliss-bunny terms like love and light and such.
No need to make it right or ok or any of the other new age BS around make lemonade from lemons.
No suffering. No Guilt or Shame or Fear.
Just here, witnessing. That is all there is.

9 comments:

Kitty said...

There is an inclination to acknowledge the change in the cast of characters in the story of Joe.

"life is change, blah blah blah, sorry for your loss, blah blah blah."

Except there is no loss, simply a ripple in the flow of the stream of awareness of what seems to be Here and Now.

splish.

Joe D G said...

yes, exactly - well said. No one is born, no one dies. No real person died in this version of the universe.

Mits said...

Don't you think that your brain is just playing Tricks on you. Isn't it possible that Death is very Real?

Joe D G said...

The brain IS playing tricks - which is why things DO seem real. Absolute reality cannot be :known." Anything known is a concept, and is not that Real Thing.
And, define "Death" and "very Real." If you mean is my dad now no longer around ot converse with, etc, then yes, this did happen. If you mean - the individual being with choice and volition - consciousness encased in a flesh-body inside time and space ended, then no.

Mits said...

I get it:) I was never born and so I shall never die - I am eternity itself - lol

Joe D G said...

well, not the "you" you think you are- that was "born" and will die. But that which you truly are - that which wills up your little self - is timeless and eternal.

Mits said...

So after realization what does one do with his time, career or life?

Mits said...

What I meant by this was I realized that I am not the body, not the mind and that I existed long before this body came into being and as will continue after this body perishes. But the funny thing is why has the timeless and eternal chosen this body? It seems like a game; the aboslute forgets itself and then remembers itself - lol

Anonymous said...

Death is a mystery. So is birth.

Still, I feel it is ok for a human being to have feelings about things like death, and birth while we're at it. When I have babies, I'll probably cry with joy. It's part of the package, so to speak. :-)