Friday, July 30, 2010

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose


Is the motto of the Dillon Panthers, a Texas high school football team shown in the TV Series Friday Night Lights.

Not watching any TV these days, only movies. When I do occasionally turn on TV it seems so odd, surreal and well, just strange.

This is one series I have really enjoyed:
  1. The show models grown-up, self-actualized/human adulthood behavior in almost every character, from 8 to 80 year olds. I find this rare in TV: modeling conscious, adult behavior; it's refreshing.
  2. Everyone "mans up." Even the women. I mean, almost every character vanquishes their demons and egoic mind to break free. It's inspiring, to say the least.
  3. Entertaining. The writing is good, characters have depth, real issues and the acting is very good. Subtleties in performance, camera technique, caught looks and glances all contribute.

And, love their motto.

What are you watching?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...bingo...my favorite show..

Kitty said...

I miss Life (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0874936/). Nothing else catching my attention for anything but fluff entertainment, lately.